My Travels

My Travels
Koh Phangan, Thailand

Sunday, July 24, 2011

My First day as a teacher in SOUTH KOREA!!!!! ;)

EDIT: HOW I FELT BEFORE GOING INTO SCHOOL

Totally scared terrified horrifed freaking out- what do I do?! I don't know how to pronounce their names! I don't know how to teach another language, have never done this before! AHHHH WHAT HAVE I GOTTEN MYSELF INTO?

I had to talk myself down- okay this is normal to feel this way. The hardest part is starting? I asked myself. BUT HOW DO I START?

I reminded myself of my earlier quotes about new beginnings (see link for this prior post) All glory comes from daring to begin... AND...All great deeds and all great thoughts have a ridiculous beginning and told myself this is normal to feel this way when starting something completely new like this, let alone being in a completely new, foreign place!

I still wasn't totally convinced but tried any number of arguments with myself and even tried out a new saying on for size- "Making the beginning is one third of the work." (Irish proverb) (Thank you Kelly D. ! JK ;) )

It helped more and I was able to convince myself to go to face the....  (FILL IN THE BLANK HERE... unknown/music/wild chaos/loud and out of control children/other of your own choosing...?) ~~If you filled in the blank, tell me what you chose in the comments below, thanks!~~

Okay, so you want to know what happened on my first day now, right? How it went and all that jazz? Tune in for next week's blog! JK! Will be coming soon! Just had to do the teaser...! Look for Part 2!

No comments: